No one wants to ever be in a situation where they would have to use force to defend themselves (or the people they love). But as much as we don’t want that to be the case, we don’t know what the future holds.
It’s better to be prepared, and confident, than to wonder “what if…”
Well, you don’t have to wonder any more. You can start training today, and I will personally guide you through the process. You don’t even have to leave home.
Hard to find training is now incredibly easy to access
Authentic Bruce Lee Jeet Kune Do training used to be hard to find. You used to have to live in an area where you could find a trainer (which is a roll of dice at best), and hope that they were the real deal. That’s not the case anymore. Now you can train in Bruce Lee’s fighting method without leaving your own home, and without paying for expensive private lessons. This didn’t use to be possible though.
For a long time there’s been a resistance for you to train because…
- You have to find a gym or class within your area
- Class times don’t often work with your schedule
- Training is too expensive or out of your budget
- DVD’s are difficult to learn from without a training plan
- You don’t have a training partner
- You might have been a little self-conscious or embarrassed to make mistakes in front of other more experienced students
That was the old way. Let’s say goodbye to that.
Just as Bruce Lee wanted to make kung fu more accessible to Westerners (which he was heavily criticized by his people for doing), I’ve wanted to make Jeet Kune Do (JKD) more accessible to people that don’t have access to, or can’t afford physical classes.
With our online training program you can…
- Train from your home
- Practice whenever you want, based on your own schedule (at 2am if you want)
- Have a more affordable option than in-person lessons, complete with High Definition video downloads
- Learn in a natural, proven, class progression. No more guesswork from confusing DVD instructionals!
- Train without a partner using our special Virtual Training Partner video system
- Have direct access to a certified instructor to help you with questions
- Become confident in your technique before you train with others
Why JKD though? What makes it different?
Martial arts is about more than fancy movements and being a badass though. It’s about practicing self-control, awareness and self-mastery. Jeet Kune Do is not about flowery techniques and impressive looking moves that don’t stand up to the test in a real, street situation (Bruce called this type of theory without application “dry land swimming”).
JKD is about efficiency, and whittling away at the excess until only the essentials are left. Essentially, Jeet Kune Do leaves you with only exactly what you need to get the job done. It just works.
You can leave it to the other guy to start some weird sequence of movements while you end it, your actions quick, and undetected.
JKD isn’t a style that proclaims “this is better than that.” It’s an arsenal of tools distilled down to the level of what is necessary, and what is most effective. It clings to nothing, and only follows the most effective path.
How I learned this stuff, or “Why I moved into the training academy to eat, breathe and sleep Jeet Kune Do”
In 2000 I was introduced to Jeet Kune Do, where I learned that my 16 years of Martial Arts experience and two black belts meant nothing in the eyes of JKD men with less than three years experience. I now understood why Chuck Norris, Mike Stone, Joe Lewis and others (world champions in their own right), respected and sought after the young Bruce Lee’s expertise.
The next ten years became an intense total immersion into the combative arts. I moved into the training academy, eating, drinking, and breathing Jeet Kune Do.
Half a decade later, I was honored with my first official Jeet Kune Do instructor certification. It was then I decided to reintegrate into the mainstream Martial Arts world after five years of personal focus and begin teaching on a public level.
Martial Art and Jeet Kune Do specifically, is about discovery, growth, and self development. Its about spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical harmony.
Jeet Kune Do was Bruce Lee’s way to systematically decimate fear and ignorance through self knowledge and the cultivation of mastery on a foundation of unlimited potential. These were precisely the reasons that Martial Arts appealed to me so much. Jeet Kune Do is a living, evolving tool for the cultivation of one’s health, harmony, and conscious self.
I eventually allied with the world renowned Wednesday Night Group, an old school Jeet Kune Do clan committed to preserving original Jeet Kune Do while upholding the Bruce Lee Foundation code of ethics. Soon after, I was once again honored with my second Jeet Kune Do Instructor certification under Tim Tacket, Bob Bremer, and Jim Sewell.
Five years of consciously teaching, experimenting, and evolving my methodology, I developed a system that facilitated student growth and development quickly and effectively. My students were able to bypass many of the challenges and set backs that I faced early on in my own training. I learned as much from teaching and helping students as I did by training and taking classes.
Not everyone has the desire and drive for total immersion into the Martial Arts as I did, nor should they. I discovered that my purpose, as a dedicated Martial Artist, was to share my knowledge and experience with others. Whether you’re simply a Bruce Lee fan, desire to learn something new, want to get in shape, learn to defend yourself and loved ones, or you just want to explore your mental-physical-spiritual potential Jeet Kune Do can help you accomplish your goals.
Who JKD University is for (how to know if this is right for you)
This is a training experience and members area for those who want to become more confident physically, and get in shape while doing something they enjoy (instead of killing yourself at a gym doing the same repetitive, uninspiring routine).
This is for you if you want to…
- Learn to walk the streets and be in any situation with confidence
- Get in great physical shape while doing something you actually enjoy
- Have more self-control and self-mastery
- Learn to control your body to move in incredible ways
- Find more inner peace and calm throughout your days
- Become stronger, faster, and have better reflexes
- Train in the most effective and efficient martial art
If that sounds good to you, here’s…
What exactly you’ll get by joining JKD University
This is a complete membership training experience. You will receive access to:
- Weekly step-by-step video training
- Drills that teach you the techniques at your own pace
- Thorough, easy to understand explanation of your training that walks you through each lesson
- Warm up techniques that get you in the proper physical and mental state to maximize the effectiveness of your training
- A members-only forum to connect with other students and get feedback from authentic JKD instructors and advanced students
Become incredibly fit, gain confidence and learn to defend yourself without going to a gym, or spending a lot of money on private training.
What people like you have said about our training:
I’ve trained in Nhan’s JKD class for a year and a half. Whether you’re interested in learning JKD for self-defense purposes or for professional sport fighting, you won’t find a better class than this.
Nhan is a very knowledgable JKD instructor and an excellent teacher. The fighting techniques he teaches are very effective. Even though I only have a very limited amount of time for training every week, the fighting techniques I’ve learned have helped me become far more effective when I spar.
And finally, this JKD class is a lot of fun and a great motivator for those just looking to get into better shape and tired of boring gyms.